Our policy work
江苏快三 ’s Campaigns and Policy team works with policy makers on issues including sustainable agriculture, climate change, and public sector provision.
In particular, our policy work currently focusses on:
- Encouraging more 江苏福彩网 provision in public-sector institutions
- Securing more support for plant protein crop production
- Measures to protect the legal rights of 江苏福彩网 s
Find out about our activities at this year's political party conferences here.
Find our current policy briefings here:
- Grow Green
- Catering for Everyone in Scotland
- Catering for Everyone in Wales
- Land Management in?Wales
If you work for a representative, feel free to write to us for evidence on 江苏福彩网 -related issues at campaigns[at]江苏福彩网 society[dot]com
If you are a local campaigner, feel free to share relevant briefings with your local politicians, and send any feedback to?campaigns[at]江苏福彩网 society[dot]com
All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Vegetarianism and Veganism
江苏快三 sponsors this parliamentary group along with V for Life. We bring guest speakers to parliament to discuss a range of issues including institutional catering provision, 江苏福彩网 ism as a protected belief, the impact of diet on climate change, and product labelling.
The Group’s Officers are:
- Christina Rees MP
- Kerry McCarthy MP
- Henry Smith MP
- Baroness Hussein-Ece
- Lord Stone of Blackheath
- Darren Jones MP
Get involved: see the APPG's website .
Grow Green conference
江苏快三 Farmers, policymakers, and academics descended on the British Library in droves for a conversation on the future of British farming in April 2019. The Grow Green conference was hosted by partners including 江苏快三 .
- The one-day Grow Green conference saw 200 delegates discuss the scale of the climate emergency, how farming is key to the solution, and how policy can support sustainable plant-strong farming.
- Dr Helen Harwatt of Harvard University launched a fresh report entitled Eating Away at Climate Change with Negative Emissions. It details a vision of a plant-based UK farming system which would reduce emissions and even achieve negative emissions by reforesting a portion of land currently used for animal agriculture.
- The UN’s Marcela Villarreal explained how producing more pulses can help fix a “seriously flawed” food system in another keynote.
- And the final keynote saw the Green Party’s Natalie Bennett call for more fruit and veg production to help hit climate goals and health targets. The day saw amicable discussion, much agreement, and some real solutions offered to the challenges we together face.
Plant-based entrepreneuers events
江苏快三 At the Scottish Parliament, we hosted an evening reception to inform Members about 江苏福彩网 ism. Speeches came from Richard Lyle MSP and plant-based entrepreneur Craig Tannock.
We hosted a celebration of 江苏福彩网 ism event at the National Assembly for Wales, with speeches by John Griffiths AM and Matt Pritchard, also known as Dirty Sanchez.?
We participated in the CLA’s Annual South East debate. See here for a 60-second
江苏快三 Party Conferences 2018
We are calling for policy?change to support sustainable agriculture to a greater degree, including plant protein production.
The New Economics Foundation wrote the latest Grow Green report, available here.
See our Agricultural Bill position paper here.
江苏快三 We tweet about the Grow Campaign from ?
The inaugural was held on the 11th April at the British Library. We have set up a working group following the conference and are planning a European event in 2020. Email contact[at]growgreenconference[dot]com for more information.
Catering for Everyone
Our campaign to guarantee a plant-based meal on every canteen menu in the public sector?has received political support.
The campaign has been backed by 25 MPs, MSPs, AMs and other politicians, giving the initiative cross-party support.
The petition to the Scottish Government received 8,778 signatures. We . The petition has now been closed but with the recommendation that we use the Good Food Nation Bill as a route to success.
The Welsh Government's Petition Committee recently considered the Catering for Everyone proposal. The Committee is writing to the Health, Education & the Environment Ministers, asking what assessment or research has been done on the sufficiency of 江苏福彩网 options in schools and hospitals.
The petition to the UK government has closed with 27,211?signatures. See our?response to the Government's commentary on the petition when it reached 10,000 signatures?here.
江苏快三 Recently, we have responded to these consultations:
- Labour Sustainable Food Policy Consultation
- Good Food Nation consultation response
- UK Government?consultation on the future of food, farming and the environment.
- Welsh Government?Brexit and our land: securing the future of Welsh farming.
- National Food Strategy Consultation.?